TF2 Price Check

Hello There, Guest!(Login - Register)
Power Search (BETA)

Item Name: Currency:
View New Posts | View Today's Posts

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Forum Jump:
How I See It: Quickselling
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2012 10:30 PM by DrProfAxesome.)
How I See It: Quickselling
As I see it there are two ways quickselling happens in the unusual market. One of which is a problem, the other isn't.

1) A seller has an unusual (or promos or whatever), wants to sell it and get his dues immediately, so he sells it for less than face value to get results fast. The buyer gets a cheap hat so is happy, the seller gets results fast so he is happy. This only works if the seller wants to sell the hat quick and for less than face value. There is nothing wrong with this at all.

2) BUYING UNUSUALS!! QUICKSELLS ONLY!!! Look familiar? Buyers on the market do not want to pay full value for hats, and therefore advertise that they are buying quicksells only. The problem is that more and more people are trying this, and thinking it is acceptable. They tell you that they will only pay 60% of the hat value. People even say that pretty much word for word. Thats basically saying, "I know what your hat is actually worth, but I'm cheap so I'll only pay you 60% of that value." I mean can you imagine walking into an expensive restaurant, and telling the waiter that you have 3 dollars and you will only buy quicksell food? They would tell you to either pay up or politely get the hell out of their restaurant.

You can't just go around in life telling people you will only pay 60% of the true value of stuff. If you go to a shop and they are having a sale and you get that item you wanted , that is like a quicksell. If you walk into the store and tell them you will buy that item you want for 60% of its value, they would laugh at you. If you tried that, people would just point you out as a cheapskate.

And other than the fact that quicksell buyers are cheap, it seems to me that MOST, not all buy most, tend to be jerks when it comes to trading and chatting. So any respect that I had for you (little to begin with) is completely gone when you are a dick to me. Have some courtesy and be nice to people. Is it really that hard to say, "Sorry I don't want that hat, but good luck selling it." other than "fuck u noob. gtfo Middle Finger Guy "? People like and respect you sooo much more if you are kind and not an ass. Next time you try to buy something at the store in real life, and you ask the price, notice that you say "no thank you sorry", not "fuck u noob. gtfo Middle Finger Guy ". Why? Because its natural to do so, and so it should be online. Have some sense please? And I know this doesn't apply to everyone, and it applies to many traders who aren't quicksell buyers, I just felt like making this point. So if you are a kind trader, then thank you. If not, then bummer, because you just lost my respect and I hope you change your ways.

Here is the bottom line: Getting a quicksell is being in the right place, at the right time, because someone wants to get rid of a hat fast. Advertising yourself as buying quicksells only labels you as a cheap trader. Nobody should sell you hats unless you are going to pay the full value, or unless they are actually quickselling. (That happens rarely, and you're lucky if this happens to you)

If you are one of those traders who is a complete jerk and will only buy quicksells and you just read this thread, then I hope you change your ways. How you are trading is ruining the value and fun of trading, and also messing with the Mannconomy. I personally vow to never trade with those who are "buying quicksells" and I will never attempt to go around buying quicksells.

I'm completely serious when I say: I would appreciate it if you posted your opinions below. I talked to a TF2OP mod, and he said that if this link was posted on TF2OP, there is a chance that the person who posted it could get warned. I won't tell you to post it on OP then, however if you wish to, then by all means go ahead. So far, nothing has been said about other sites, so go crazy, and if you get banned/warned, I'm not responsible, however come talk to me, I'll want to hear about it.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-20-2012, 10:02 PM
RE: How I See It: Quickselling
totally agree, there's so many fucking dicks in the market that just want profit all the way, im not saying profit is bad, but just being a jerk and want to get it as low as possible when u know the person need promo. Seriously, stop posting retarted sht saying your buying quick sale on tf2op or tf2tp
Find all posts by this user
06-20-2012, 10:48 PM
How many fucking threads do we need about this

[Image: 33omzw4.gif][Image: 343m8f9.gif]
06-20-2012, 11:10 PM
(06-20-2012 10:48 PM)Etna Wrote:  How many fucking threads do we need about this

[Image: h91.png][Image: h92.png][Image: h93.png]
06-20-2012, 11:11 PM
(06-20-2012 11:10 PM)hamie96 Wrote:  
(06-20-2012 10:48 PM)Etna Wrote:  How many fucking threads do we need about this

As many as it takes

06-20-2012, 11:17 PM
ill keep on quickbuying forevers Big Grin never will stop i like the profit and the person is satisfied with what they got for it is there something wrong with that? im not insane with wanting 50% off its barely more then a bud usually and im almost never an ass about something unless the guy is wanting 140% of what his hat is worth on a quicksale thread :c

[Image: BUbPB.gif]
[Image: 7.gif]
06-20-2012, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2012 01:46 PM by oozymrbunbun.)
You know, I only expect making 20-30% off at most when I am looking for quicksells. I just hate it when people are looking for like 80% off a price, etc. Hearts killers kabuto for 4.5 buds?" "I can give you 24 keys, I´m looking for quicksells"

Apparently quickbuyers think everyone is quickselling and they lowball them with dignity.

I 100% agree with you. take my rep.
06-21-2012, 01:15 PM
We already have like 5 threads discussing this topic and hamie locked the last one.

I am debating whether to lock this one.
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
(06-21-2012 01:15 PM)ThatIrishSOB Wrote:  We already have like 5 threads discussing this topic and hamie locked the last one.

I am debating whether to lock this one.

come on, release the urge, i know what you want to do on this thread :3
Mr. Bean

[Image: zelda-fabulous.gif]
06-21-2012, 01:45 PM
hi im command morin and i am a quickbuying scumbag

[Image: BUbPB.gif]
[Image: 7.gif]
06-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Quick sells are for people who want to scam people quick, whenever i see that i back off
06-21-2012, 09:27 PM
LOL this guy: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1396308. Openly admits ripping off is like quickselling.
06-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Thread locked. We already have 5 other Quicksell threads in Thunderdome.

[Image: h91.png][Image: h92.png][Image: h93.png]