TF2 Price Check

Hello There, Guest!(Login - Register)
Power Search (BETA)

Item Name: Currency:
View New Posts | View Today's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum Jump:
How To Add Color, etc. To Your Outpost Trade!!
07-14-2013, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2013 04:39 AM by nnjdesign.)
Rainbow How To Add Color, etc. To Your Outpost Trade!!
Alright....

So my last thread was closed because one person came in and declared i was ADVERTISING my trades when I didn't post a link to my outpost, and I didn't post my actual steam username .

I gave examples because I AM USING THIS TOOL MYSELF TO CREATE MY OUTPOST TRADES.

But yeah, apparently you can't do anything on this site without a problem or someone , anyone, giving you crap for your post.

ANYWAYS. HERE IS HOW TO MAKE YOUR OUTPOST TRADE IN COLOR AND LOOK GOOD!!

-1. If you DO NOT know how to use HTML and add color, italics, bold, underline, and everything else then this is the thread for you Smile

-2. When you post on this forum, you will notice that you can add COLOR! and
BOLD, ITALICS, and UNDERLINE! All with ONE click of a button! But on Outpost you don't have any buttons to click, just text to type.
o So, I came up with the idea to have a thread specifically for people to use to write their outpost trade, then see the actual coding used and just 'Copy' and 'Paste'!

-3. So what you need to do in order to get this correct is the following

1. Post a comment in 'Advanced' with what you want your Outpost trade to say.
  2. Add all the colors and effects you wish to have while writing or after.
  3. Once you have done this and the comment is posted, just click "Edit" and your whole message will be auto-matically coded for you!
  4. Copy and Paste the text from this site into your Outpost notes.
  5. You are done! Change anything accordingly, you will now slowly learn HTML and be able to do it yourself easy soon!
  6. ONCE YOU ARE DONE, DO ME A FAVOR AND EDIT YOUR POST SO ALL "FOR TRADE" ITEMS ARE xxxxx'd OUT AND REMOVE THEM. (we don't want any "ADVERTISING" do we?? )

So there you go! You are now able to convert your normal text into a completely edited version that looks so much better Smile

RESOURCES -

• Need more SPECIFIC colors ? Check out this site :
- http://html-color-codes.info/
• Looking for specific tags/codes that aren't on this forum ?
- http://www.quackit.com/html/codes/

EXAMPLE :
1st one is all of the CODE
2nd is the CODE being used and the results Smile

[b ][color=#993366 ] Hello everyone , I am selling my XXXXXX.

I am not in any rush to sell this as this is (somehow) the first XXXXXXX I have owned and I have been wanting one so badly to use with my XXXXXXX unusuals . I really like XXXXXXXXXX, especially XXXXXXX.. So nice !

[/color ][ color=#A8A8A8] With that being said, I am MAINLY LOOKING FOR AN UPGRADE , OR DOWNGRADE , but only to either[/color ] [ color=green] "XXXXXX" [/color ] [ color=grey] or [/color ] [ color=#660066] "XXXXXX". [/color ] [ color=grey] . Besides XXXXXX, I am MAINLY interested in[/color ] [color=#383838 ]XXXXXX[/color ]. [color=#A8A8A8 ]I understand I would need to add for most XXXXXX, the following is what I have to add :[/color ]
[color=#993366 ]
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
[/color ][/ b]
[b ]
[color=#A8A8A8 Other than the upgrade, downgrade, and XXXXXX [i ]I WILL accept other offers if they are to my liking[/i], but as you should know by now.. I am mainly looking for the above. [ color]

°[color=#D8D8D8 ] My Buyout Price[/u ] : XXXXXX

° [u ]My Current Notable Rejected Offers
: XXXXXX[/color]

[color=#993366 ]
Thank you for taking the time to check out my trade and make an offer !

Take care,[/color ]
[color=#32CD32 [i ]XXXXXX[/i][/color][/b]

========================

The coding in action!

Hello everyone , I am selling my XXXXXX.

I am not in any rush to sell this as this is (somehow) the first XXXXXXX I have owned and I have been wanting one so badly to use with my XXXXXXX unusuals . I really like XXXXXXXXXX, especially XXXXXXX.. So nice !

With that being said, I am MAINLY LOOKING FOR AN UPGRADE , OR DOWNGRADE , but only to either "XXXXXX" or "XXXXXX". . Besides XXXXXX, I am MAINLY interested in XXXXXX. I understand I would need to add for most XXXXXX, the following is what I have to add :

• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX
• XXXXXX

Other than the upgrade, downgrade, and XXXXXX I WILL accept other offers if they are to my liking, but as you should know by now.. I am mainly looking for the above.

° My Buyout Price : XXXXXX

° My Current Notable Rejected Offers : XXXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to check out my trade and make an offer !

Take care,

XXXXXX

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2013, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2013 04:49 AM by Justice.)
RE: How To Add Color, etc. To Your Outpost Trade!!
Much better. Minus all the snarky remarks and an overly censored trade. How about you remove them and your example, and replace it with an example that isn't from a trade.

I'm Mike Tyson. I have an unusual whatever with orbiting grease.
my buyout is x.

I don't know something like that.

[Image: Uh36AV3.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 2 users Like Justice's post:
hamie96 (07-14-2013), trunk_slamchest (07-14-2013)
07-14-2013, 05:03 AM
(07-14-2013 04:44 AM)Justice Wrote:  Much better. Minus all the snarky remarks and an overly censored trade. How about you remove them and your example, and replace it with an example that isn't from a trade.

I'm Mike Tyson. I have an unusual whatever with orbiting grease.
my buyout is x.

I don't know something like that.

Because I actually do this to make my Outpost trades with HTML codes , save me a ton of time so I don't need to type in every single thing.

And I will keep using this thread for my future trades as well, as I recommened everyone who reads this does.
07-14-2013, 02:36 PM
At least rid of those remarks. It just looks like you're whining.

07-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Much better than your other thread.

My stuff:
Stormy Team Captain
Service Medal #106
Orbiting Planets Tossle Cap
Craft #8484 TF2PC Series 1 All-Father
07-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Geez Justice.

The man made a nice little template. So what if there's a bit of advertisement?
07-16-2013, 03:42 AM
(07-16-2013 12:08 AM)arand Wrote:  Geez Justice.

The man made a nice little template. So what if there's a bit of advertisement?

You do realize that this is the same guy who's been advertizing his pay-to-enter group here, despite the guard constantly telling him to stop?

The issue I have now are his immature comments in the actual post.

Don't be defending the guilty

07-16-2013, 03:16 PM
I agree it is unnecessarily long, but you've got to give him credit for writing this. He spent his own time to write this, and it'll surely help people new to TF2OP.

[Image: paaOZLU.gif]
07-16-2013, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 05:49 PM by nnjdesign.)
Hello!

Welcome to my trade for my 1 of 2, 1 of 1 that's ever been for sale,
XXXXXXX

My Price - B/O is a very reasonable price, not one of those B/Os that are ridiculously high and far greater than what it is actually worth.

Why?

• The XXXXXXX is 1 of 2existence. It has also been the only one that has ever been put up for trade.

• The
XXXXXX has been sold for around XXish in Unusuals, it is now asking XX buds I believe. This is effect is much higher tier than that.

• The
XXXXXXXX has no B/O price, but it has received offers of XX + buds. Offers such as XXXXXXXX and sweets added. There is currently 3 of the XXXXXXXX XXXXX . Making the B/O of this very much accurate.

• It is XXX and is a XXXX unusual. And honestly, it looks amazing with a combo!!

- The B/O is XXXXXXXXXXX

- The Offers I , Respectfully, Have Rejected:

Thank you very much for checking out my trade !
I also have for sale a XXXX , and XXXX.

NAME
07-16-2013, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 07:01 PM by hamie96.)
One thing I noticed, you stated you didn't post a link to your Outpost trade in the last thread when you clearly did. I removed it because that is blatant advertising. If you're going to complain, at least don't try to make up stuff.

That aside, a decent template though I'm not sure who's going to use it.

[Image: O32FxGv.png]

[Image: h91.png][Image: h92.png][Image: h93.png]
07-17-2013, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 12:08 AM by hamie96.)
No free advertising folks
07-17-2013, 09:15 PM
(07-17-2013 08:19 PM)nnjdesign Wrote:  snip

Just why? I mean I know you are "trying to help" new traders out but this is just getting ridiculous why would someone need to know how to set up a raffle. Are you just posting to make people angry? I'm fairly certain this is just your personal advertisement thread for your paid raffle (which you have already made a thread or two for) and your own trades. I honestly see no use for this thread because you can simply describe what you want to trade by clicking what you have then clicking what you want. Further more if I were still an unusual trade I would buy from the guy who is short and to the point vs the guy who rambles about what he wants, what he was offered, and who offered it.

tl;dr

I would buy from the guy that says

I have xxx and I want xxx

not from a trade listing described such as you have posted in this thread
07-17-2013, 11:22 PM
>how to add color to your outpost trade
>adds raffle with no text color whatsoever

07-18-2013, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 12:13 AM by hamie96.)
Congrats you win a ban. If you want to advertise somewhere then go do it elsewhere

Reference:
[Image: xQTFuFl.png]

If some mod wants to unban they can, but the way I see it the post is both unnecessary to the thread, obnoxious, and was obviously copied from his little group. If this guy wants to go troll, advertise, whatever the fuck he's doing then he's not going to do it here. Giving a template is fine, nobody needs some half-assed raffle template.

[Image: h91.png][Image: h92.png][Image: h93.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like hamie96's post:
Justice (07-18-2013), Venny_ (07-18-2013)
07-19-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 08:15 PM by Venny_.)

He apparently teaches guitar too.

[Image: paaOZLU.gif]