TF2 Price Check

Hello There, Guest!(Login - Register)
Power Search (BETA)

Item Name: Currency:
View New Posts | View Today's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum Jump:
TF2 market
03-14-2013, 08:01 AM
TF2 market
Hey guys
This topic has been in my mind since this new year

It seems like tf2 market is going to crash soon dued to keys rising like 0.11ref every month. With metal getting useless, people start to mass craft them during big updates which make #100< items go down therefore destroying the whole tf2 economy.

One of the effects can be seen is that glitched items like vintage max and buds seems to be selling for lower prices then before and are becoming more and more common on the market

Please give me your thoughts on this thanks!

I am currently writing my guide now http://www.tf2pricecheck.net/Thread-GUID...ed-9-13-13

Previously: PhantomStealth
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: TF2 market
Uh,
I doubt the #100< items will go down. There are a limited number of them, and it doesn't matter how many people try to craft them, that will stay the same. If anything, it increases the competition to get them, meaning that they become harder to obtain as an individual. But i doubt that will affect price.
03-14-2013, 08:55 AM
I think #100< will go down anyways since so many new items come out every month and bc of that many more people have them now!

also the v. buds and v. max are dropping so hard lately because they are getting duped again...
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
I think the market is going to crash. I think craft numbers 100 and below will probably drop a little bit. And things like the V. Buds and V. Max's have been getting duped a lot recently.

03-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Been thinking the same thing for a long time now, it's not if it's going to happen it's WHEN.

I used to talk a lot with fellow collectors about this, where are the collectors nowadays? Without collectors, traders buying what they want to keep, the market is solely based on profit. Ever since traders realised they could actually make money out of the game, there've been profit whores, lowballers, you know the rest. Nowadays people won't even go a SCRAP under a suggested price on an item when in reality they're arguing over what, less than 1 pence.

At the point where I stopped trading unusuals I did a tot up of how far I'd came over a year. If I'd sold everything that I'd earned I would've gained less than $5 a day. Thankfully I rarely spent time on trading servers since I sharp realised that was a massive waste of time and lets be honest if you want money it makes far more sense to get a job.

TL;DR Unnecessary greed from a community that mostly is too immature to realise what damage they've done to a once enjoyable trading experience, anyone remember those days?

[Image: tumblr_mkatd3YDl41qcwe13o1_500.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arctic Joey's post:
Justice (03-14-2013)
03-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Well i talked with my cous about this and we both agreed that valve have to come out with a scheme to save the economy cos if they dont do anything about it in the long run, they wouldn't be able to profit much from tf2

Right now i see some reputable traders cashing out

I am currently writing my guide now http://www.tf2pricecheck.net/Thread-GUID...ed-9-13-13

Previously: PhantomStealth
03-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Actually, if the economy crashes, we could all buy the hats we want and PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!!

[Image: Uh36AV3.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 10:22 AM by Arctic Joey.)
Valve doesn't really give a damn about the market. If they keep releasing things, putting them in the mann co store, people will still keep buying them regardless of the state of the market. Most traders are very susceptible, I mean just look at when game promos are released, everyone goes apeshit to get the promos and yep Valve gets more money.

Just because any discernible economy is gone doesn't mean it's bad for Valve, think about what happened last summer when one sided traders (ie cash traders) started getting trade banned (most likely because they were taking money OUT of the TF2 economy). Also,what happened before "spreadsheet sites" when trading was brand new, people traded for what they wanted, not because it had some value attached to it. As the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

As for the reputable sellers, just take a look at cash trading sites like SOP. The forum is flooding by WTS threads and the only buying threads on there are for the dreaded "quicksell"/"low tier unusuals only".

[Image: tumblr_mkatd3YDl41qcwe13o1_500.gif]
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I doubt that it'll actually crash.

03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
(03-14-2013 10:11 AM)Justice Wrote:  Actually, if the economy crashes, we could all buy the hats we want and PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!!

Are you secretly Etna?

[Image: paaOZLU.gif]
03-14-2013, 03:15 PM
(03-14-2013 08:01 AM)IlluminateInferno Wrote:  which make #100< items go down therefore destroying the whole tf2 economy.

lmao.

Making #100 crafts go down = destroying the economy???

Perhaps for you yourself as a collector, but not really overall, that line was hilarious coming out of your mouth.

Metal is not going down, keys are going up. That's why craft hats have always been around 1-1.33, and still are. If metal was going down, then craft hats would start moving up on the spectrum, but they've held tight. It's the craze for unusuals that drives key prices up.

We've been here time and again with threads, OMG TF2MARKET CRASH

It's not realistic.

Your 2 arguments are that sub 100 crafts are gradually falling in price, which they are, and V maxs/Vbuds are falling in price, which is also true.

So?

Unusuals have fallen in price ever since the market got started, as they have become more common.Sub 100 crafts and odd vintages have become more common via more craft# hats released and duping. Therefore, the prices have gone down. It's market pattern guys.

The market will ultimately die when less and less people start playing the game. More people bore of trading, less people come in = less people to wear an increasing amount of hats. Eventually, everyone has the hat they want, and the market slows until it hits stop. No giant spontaneous crash will happen, like any other market ever. If you're worried about the cash you get from this, cashing out sooner rather than later is best.

/arandrant
03-14-2013, 03:59 PM
(03-14-2013 03:15 PM)arand Wrote:  Metal is not going down, keys are going up.

the metal price IS going down they now all try to sell for 35c on source op. (I am pretty sure it was 45c some months ago, correct me if I am wrong)

(03-14-2013 03:15 PM)arand Wrote:  That's why craft hats have always been around 1-1.33, and still are. If metal was going down, then craft hats would start moving up on the spectrum, but they've held tight.

If keys would go up wouldn't that mean buds and bills would go down? but they aren't, same with unusuals their price isn't dropping ( or it drops as slow as usual)
03-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish

[Image: 33omzw4.gif][Image: 343m8f9.gif]
03-14-2013, 04:07 PM
I... I can no longer feed my family using TF2 income

[Image: vZ9SRAZ.gif]
03-14-2013, 04:10 PM
(03-14-2013 03:59 PM)leunam Wrote:  
(03-14-2013 03:15 PM)arand Wrote:  Metal is not going down, keys are going up.

the metal price IS going down they now all try to sell for 35c on source op. (I am pretty sure it was 45c some months ago, correct me if I am wrong)

(03-14-2013 03:15 PM)arand Wrote:  That's why craft hats have always been around 1-1.33, and still are. If metal was going down, then craft hats would start moving up on the spectrum, but they've held tight.

If keys would go up wouldn't that mean buds and bills would go down? but they aren't, same with unusuals their price isn't dropping ( or it drops as slow as usual)

Buds and bills are instrumental to getting unusuals. They are also going up. As for the money comparison, I was making refrences only to other items, I don't do paypal trades, so I'm not educated in that realm