TF2 Price Check

Hello There, Guest!(Login - Register)
Power Search (BETA)

Item Name: Currency:
View New Posts | View Today's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum Jump:
These "cool" uncraftable weapons and "unique" craft numbers
05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
These "cool" uncraftable weapons and "unique" craft numbers
What the hell? I hate it when people say that uncraftable weapons are rare, they aren't rare at all. I find them at outpost ALL the time, no one wants one, people are just trying to find the right collector, but not even weird collectors want them. And these craft numbers that people are making up, are starting to be a pain in the ass, I could see why novelty numbers like "666" should be worth something. But like #1976 detonator because rubiks cubes "detonated" in a few weeks. These numbers you see are FORCED, nothing else. There is almost every number that can fit the weapon/hat, so it's not special, people are just trying to get the extra scrap.

What do you guys think? Does this make sense?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
RE: These "cool" uncraftable weapons and "unique" craft numbers
Craft numbers and caring about tags is dumb. You can't see the shit in game.

[Image: 33omzw4.gif][Image: 343m8f9.gif]
Find all posts by this user
05-31-2012, 09:00 PM
I agree with this. Forced themes have all but ruined the market for unusuals and other items nowadays.

The thing I hate the most is how people think that collectors are to be taken advantage of. Just because I am collecting an item dosent mean that I am going to pay 10 keys more than it is worth for it.

The worst are the uncraftables. I cant count how many times I have had noobs add me and offer those stupid uncraftables for my unusuals. Thankfully, the prices of those seem to be going down. I saw a SOAS go for only 2 ref the other day.

In the defense of wierd craft numbers, some people may find the numbers interesting to them and thus worth more. I have been trying forever to find the nine pipe #1887 to go with my planets private eye (Sherlock holmes was first published in 1887). Some though are just to take advantage of collectors like I stated above.
05-31-2012, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 09:10 PM by oozymrbunbun.)
(05-31-2012 09:00 PM)andrew.kirfman Wrote:  I agree with this. Forced themes have all but ruined the market for unusuals and other items nowadays.

The thing I hate the most is how people think that collectors are to be taken advantage of. Just because I am collecting an item dosent mean that I am going to pay 10 keys more than it is worth for it.

The worst are the uncraftables. I cant count how many times I have had noobs add me and offer those stupid uncraftables for my unusuals. Thankfully, the prices of those seem to be going down. I saw a SOAS go for only 2 ref the other day.

In the defense of wierd craft numbers, some people may find the numbers interesting to them and thus worth more. I have been trying forever to find the nine pipe #1887 to go with my planets private eye (Sherlock holmes was first published in 1887). Some though are just to take advantage of collectors like I stated above.

Yes I agree with you 100%, someone offered me uncraftable vita saw for my smoking brain slug and he said I could make profit because of it's rarity. Yeah, SOME numbers might be cool, but most are forced. Novelty numbers are alright, but those aren't too stretched.

(05-31-2012 08:57 PM)Etna Wrote:  Craft numbers and caring about tags is dumb. You can't see the shit in game.

Exactly, no one gives one fuck, they just try and buy it and sell it to a collector, but even collectors no their shit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2012, 10:44 PM
I actually made two threads on the same subject..some insight.

http://www.tf2pricecheck.net/Thread-Uncr...a-nutshell

http://www.tf2pricecheck.net/Thread-Spre...e-wildfire

[Image: idk_zpsfe0db023.png]